Adventures of a soon-to-be wife...

Join me as I try to figure out how to become a great wife and plan my wedding!

Friday, July 6, 2007

Dinner for my loves...

I am cooking challenged. I can't make anything that isn't frozen first or comes from some sort of mix. However, I can totally do baked chicken (note: it took me a while to finally agree to touch the uncooked chicken breast) with a rice mix and frozen vegetables. I love making poptarts, toaster strudels, frozen pizza... oh, that's not cooking? Crap.

In January my friend and bridesmaid Stefanie came over to watch a movie and we kind of blew up the microwave making popcorn. It really wasn't either of our fault - the microwave just happened to die this day and even though it looks like I can't even make microwave popcorn, it is entirely not my fault - it could have happened to Anthony. It just didn't. I have proof that while I have not mastered cooking, I have mastered fire safety:




I even made sure I showed Stefanie the importance of fire safety:


So needless to say - we don't have a microwave... and we haven't gotten one yet. I figure we've gone this long, why not just wait until we register. See the thing is, I don't really have emotion for food (at least anything that isn't dessert) and so it's not a big loss to me. However, when I realized that 90% of what I cook is made in the microwave, I knew I was in trouble.

That is why - in my first major attempt at becoming more wife-like when it comes to cooking... I made stuffed shells last night!!! Now, Stefanie said I cheated because I didn't make my own sauce, but baby steps please!!

Here are the results:



YAY it was a success!!


No comments: